John Piper Leaves His Church… But Not His Wife!
John Piper will be on an EIGHT MONTH leave of absence.
I think that will help him stay out of the headlines by NOT divorcing his wife. It would be nice to see tomorrows News Headlines Read:
John Piper: Still Married To His Wife! No One Files For Divorce.
Recently on John Piper’s Twitter Account:
- Maybe take the 5 seconds you spend reading these, and pray for me instead. See you in January. If it’s part of the new way. 2:21 AM Mar 29th
- Both are love. “You laid a crushing burden on our backs… You brought us out to a place of abundance” (Psalm 66:11-12). 2:11 AM Mar 29th
- Everything the Old Testament (more so the New) is designed by God, when rightly grasped to give the saints hope. Rom. 15:4 1:00 PM Mar 28th
- Why I asked our elders for an 8-month leave of absence. No preaching, no books, no blogs, no tweets. http://ow.ly/1rM37 9:00 AM Mar 28th
- “To old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation” (Psalm 71:18). 4:00 AM Mar 28th
- Adrian Warnock links with N. T. Wright getting it very right on the resurrection. http://ow.ly/1rIup 6:41 PM Mar 27th
- “Blessed be the Lord who daily carries us” (Psalm 68:19). And he started doing it before we were born (Isaiah 46:3). 1:00 PM Mar 27th
- Daily Bible reading is the work of kings. (Deuteronomy 17:19) 9:00 AM Mar 27th
- You can’t want what you don’t want while you don’t want it. But you can ask to want. And if God wills, the want will happen.